Options Employment Opportunities last update 9/15/2017. Our openings are updated on
Friday. Please check back weekly for updates. Call Kate K. at (608) 249-1585
for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Home Support Worker Positions start at $12.50 to $16/hour depending on the specific responsibilities and required experience. Please see the employment listings below.
1. Check-in with an older woman and her housemate to assist and give assurances as needed. Open hours: Tuesday 12:30-2:30p; Saturday 8-11a; every other Saturday 3-6p; every other Sunday 8-11a; every other Sunday 3-6p. Applicants must be okay with cigarette smoke. $12.50/hour NG
2. A man who lives on the Westside is searching for someone to assist with his tile-making business on Monday and Tuesday 10:30a-4p. Artistic creativity needed, and experience with autism a plus. Work with a second staff person. $12.75/hour AB
3. Join a team dedicated to supporting a young woman who lives on the Eastside of Madison. Follow her complex support plan and learn with her to explore her interests. Applicants must have acceptable driving record to drive agency vehicle. Experience supporting individuals with autism is preferable. Open hours: Saturday 12N-6; Sunday 2-8p. $14/hour ML
4. An intelligent, active man who lives near downtown is looking for the right person to assist with his morning routine. The ideal applicant values relationships and enjoys lively discussions. Responsibilities include transfers and personal cares that ensure his continued participation in his community. Open hours: Friday, Saturday, and every other Sunday 1030a-130p. $12.50/hour LS
5. Part-time opportunity in Verona. Get to know a young man while supporting him with meal prep and household tasks. The right person is energetic, creative and sometimes silly. The right person enjoys cartoons and taking walks in new places as well as familiar spots. Applicant must have adequately insured vehicle and acceptable driving record to drive while working for Options. Open hours: every other Saturday and Sunday 12p-8p. $12.50/hour NK
6. Provide one-on-one companionship and support as a job coach for a young woman whose interests include pop culture and music, chic fashion and shopping. She enjoys going for walks, preparing and cooking food, building relationships, and she expects the same from people who spend time with her. The right person must be interested in helping her in the community and in a work-type environment while following her sensory and daily schedule. Experience with autism is a plus but not required if you are willing to learn. Applicants must have an acceptable driving record to drive agency vehicle. Open hours: Monday - Friday 8a-3p, split between 2 people. $13.50/hr HB
7. Three welcoming older women who live near the Yahara River (Eastside) are searching for someone to join their great team of support. They enjoy getting out of the house, going to coffee shops, eating a meal out, baking, cooking, going for short walks, conversing about their lives and interests, watching westerns or you-tubing something silly, reading books together, working on creative art projects, listening to music - especially 80's music like the Bee Gees, doing their hair and makeup, and playing with their cats. Work alongside another staff person. CNA skills a plus. Three second shift positions available: (position 1) Monday, Friday, every other Saturday, every other Sunday 3-11p, Wednesday 3-10p + 11a-3p spending time 1:1 with one of the ladies; (position 2) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, every other Saturday, and every other Sunday 3-10p; (position 3) Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, every other Saturday, and every other Sunday 3-11p. Weekend shift is also available: every other Saturday and every other Sunday 3-10p. $12.50/hour DA/RM/SM
8. Great opportunity to develop a relationship with a fun, active guy who lives on Madison's Westside. Support revolves around assisting with activities of daily living at home (meal prep, laundry, household tasks) and participating in his favorite social and recreational activities. The right person must have an insured vehicle and acceptable driving. Work-related mileage is reimbursed at $.54/mile. Open hours: Monday - Friday 3p-10p; Saturday and Sunday 9a-10p (weekend hours can be split up). $14/hour MA
9. An active woman who lives across from Meriter Hospital is looking for someone to assist with her morning routine on Monday and Friday 10:30a-1:30p. She would like to find someone to support for her bedtime routine Tuesday, Thursday, and every other Friday 10:30p-12a with on-call overnight. A check-in is needed 4-7p on Thursday. She also is looking for someone to assist every other weekend: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 10:30a-1:30p. The right person has the ability to support without directing. CNA experience a plus. $16/hour; on-call $3/hour for carrying the on-call phone ($16/hour if you need to go in to assist). SP
10. Two people who share a house on Madison's Eastside off Cottage Grove Road are looking for assistance with asleep overnight hours and their weekend morning routine. CNA skills a plus but not required if you are willing to learn. Open position: every other Friday and Saturday 9p-12noon the following day (average 15 hours/week). $13/hour awake; $7.25/hour sleep. Other hours: Monday, Wednesday, + Friday 9a-5p and 4-8p; every other Saturday + Sunday 9a-5p; every other Saturday + Sunday 12N-8p. JG/CR
11. Asleep overnights are available for two men in an Eastside household: every other Friday and every Saturday 9p-7a. =$12.50/hour; eight hours asleep time $7.25/hour. Assist one of the men 1:1 with his morning routine: Monday-Friday 6-745a. RM/AS
12. A woman who lives near the Yahara River (eastside) is looking for a patient and encouraging person to spend time with her. She enjoys coloring, Elmo, and looking at her photo album. Daytime support includes assistance with personal cares, meal preparation, and household tasks. One full-time asleep overnight position available, between the following shifts: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, every other Friday, every other Saturday 9p-9a. $12.50/hour; nine hours (10p-7a) asleep time. $7.25/hour JM