Options Employment Opportunities last update 7/18/2017. Our openings are updated on
Friday. Please check back weekly for updates. Call Kate K. at (608) 249-1585
for more information or e-mail email@example.com. Thank you!
Home Support Worker Positions start at $12.50 to $16/hr depending on the specific responsibilities and required experience. Please see the employment listings below.
1. Check-in with an older woman and her housemate to assist and give assurances as needed. Open hours: Monday 4:30-7:30p; Wednesday 5:30-7:30p; Saturday 8-11a; every other Saturday 3-6p; Sunday 8-11a; every other Sunday 3-6p. Applicants must be okay with cigarette smoke. $12.50/hr NG
2. A man who lives on the Westside is searching for someone to assist with his tile-making business on Monday and Tuesday 10:30a-4p. Artistic creativity and experience with autism a plus. Work with a second staff person. Also open: every other Saturday 3:30-8:30p. $12.75/hour AB
3. Join a team dedicated to supporting a young woman who lives on the Eastside of Madison. Follow her complex support plan and learn with her to explore her interests. Applicants must have acceptable driving record to drive agency vehicle. Experience supporting individuals with autism is preferable. Open position: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 12-6p. Additional open hours: Sunday 2-8p. $14/hour ML
4. Help make a real difference in someone's life and have tons of fun at the same time. A young man who lives on Madison's west side needs support from someone who loves the outdoors, being active and creative. If you can go from scrubbing the kitchen floor to starting a camp fire, this is the job for you. The right applicant must have an acceptable driving record and adequate insurance to drive an agency van. Open shifts: Wednesday 2:45-9p; Saturday 6-9p. $12.50/hr AK
5. Part-time opportunity in Verona. Get to know a young man while supporting him with meal prep and household tasks. The right person is energetic, creative and sometimes silly. The right person enjoys cartoons and taking walks in new places as well as familiar spots. Applicant must have adequately insured vehicle and acceptable driving record to drive while working for Options. Open hours: every other Saturday and Sunday 12p-8p. $12.50/hour NK
6. Be the trusted person during the night for a young man who will be moving into his own apartment. Provide minimal assistance with his morning routine as he prepares for work or his planned weekend activities. Two asleep overnight positions are currently open: (position 1) 10p-9a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, every other Saturday; (position 2) 10p-9a every other Saturday; every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. The eleven-hour shifts include eight hours of sleep time and three hours of awake time.The full-time positions are eligible for medical and dental benefits as well as accrued paid time off. $12.50/hour awake; $7.25/hour sleep MA
7. An intelligent, active man who lives near downtown is looking for the right person to assist with his morning routine. The ideal applicant values relationships and enjoys lively discussions. Responsibilities include transfers and personal cares that ensure his continued participation in his community. Open hours: Friday, Saturday 10:30a-2:00p; every other Sunday 10:30a-2p. $12.50/hr LS
8. UNIQUE LIVE/WORK SITUATION in vibrant neighborhood. Two friends who share a house located in Madison's eastside Atwood Neighborhood are looking for a paid roommate who enjoys reading out loud, loves song and dance, and values individuality. The right person cooks and takes time to build relationships. Experience with autism and Type 1 diabetes is preferred but not required if you are willing to learn. Benefits of the position include the following: paid rent and utilities for a separate, private suite with a full bath; accrued paid sick and vacation time off; 20 hours of paid work time at $12.50/hour with the option of working additional hours. In exchange for free rent and utilities, there is unpaid sleep time 10p-6a Sunday through Thursday overnights. The paid work schedule is 9p-10p Sunday through Thursday evenings plus 6a-9a Monday through Friday mornings. The morning routine primarily involves assisting one person with getting ready for his work ride. The paid roommate is part of a team of Home Support Workers who provide support throughout the day. The paid roommate is off weekdays 9a-9p Monday-Thursday and weekends starting at 9a Friday-9p Sunday. $12.50/hour HB/OP
9. Great opportunity to develop a relationship with a fun, active guy who lives on Madison's Westside. Support revolves around assisting with activities of daily living at home (meal prep, laundry, household tasks) and participating in his very busy social and recreational activities. The right person must have an insured vehicle and acceptable driving. Work-related mileage is reimbursed at $.54/mile. The full-time position M-F 3p-10p is eligible for medical and dental benefits as well as accrued paid time off. $12.50/hour MA
10. An active woman who lives across from Meriter Hospital is looking for someone to assist with her evening meal and personal cares as needed on Wednesday and Thursday 4-7p. She is also looking for someone to help with her bedtime routine Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10:30p-12a and to be paid on-call during the night. Applicants can choose their shifts. The right person has the ability to support without directing. CNA experience a plus. $12.50/hour SP
11. Two people who share a house on Madison's Eastside off Cottage Grove Road are looking for assistance with asleep overnight hours and their weekend morning routine. CNA skills a plus but not required if you are willing to learn. Open position: every other Friday and Saturday 9p-12noon the following day (average 15 hours/week). $13/hour awake; $7.25/hour sleep JG/CR