Options strives to provide quality support to individuals with developmental disabilities that focuses on their unique gifts, desires and support needs. We provide support to people in their own homes. We don't have a fancy-schmancy building, lots of special high tech equipment or money to spare (we're a private non-profit). Our most valuable asset is the committed, hard-working, dedicated staff who care deeply about the people we support and value the relationships they create in the course of providing direct support. We're looking for committed, compassionate, dependable, people-oriented, team players who are willing to learn and to invest themselves in getting to know a person with a disability. That being said, we are required by certain rules and regulations to adhere to the following in our hiring practices.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Experience is helpful but not required for many positions
- We conduct reference checks on all applicants and must confirm 2 positive references to offer employment
- A criminal background check will be conducted on each applicant using the on-line CIB, CCAP, State Caregivers Directory, and Sexual Predators databases. Failure to disclose convictions and/or pending charges could result in the withdrawal of your application. Previous convictions do not necessarily rule out an applicant for hire. Eligibility to work will be made following standards established by the State of Wisconsin and Dane County.
- Applicants must have basic understanding of written and spoken English
- If the position requires driving, employment is contingent on an acceptable driving record and adequate liability insurance coverage.